Happy New Year to all of you my faithful readers, followers, fans and supporters!
This is my first post here on my blog for 2016 and what better way to ring in the New Year than with expressions of gratitude.
I decided to challenge myself over the course of 7 days by posting one thing daily that I am most grateful for. There is definitely power in gratitude!
Those of you that have been following my blog would realize that gratitude/giving thanks is something that I am very passionate about. I have experienced the results firsthand. Read all posts on gratitude HERE
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? – Isaiah 43: 18-19 NIV
So what am I most grateful for today?
From the bottom of my heart I thank God for my spared life and for allowing me to see 2016. Just as the word says, I choose not to remember the former things or that which is past in the year 2015. I embrace 2016 with an open mind and heart ready to pursue that which God has purposed me to do.
Here are 7 other things that you and I can thank God for in this New Year
- Thank God for your salvation and for that of your loved ones [family and friends] and that they too will know Him as Lord and personal Savior
- Thank God for change and transformation in your life and for drawing you closer to Him
- Thank God for more of His presence and His Spirit to help you to be obedient and to abide in Him each day
- Thank God for increased wisdom and the power to make the right choices in life.
- Thank God for giving you new ideas and cutting edge strategies to do the extraordinary and to be a change agent to make a difference in the world.
- Thank God for increasing in you the spirit of counsel and of might
- Thank God for increasing in you the spirit of knowledge and fear of the Lord.
This list is far from complete so build upon it and challenge yourself to add as many more things that you can thank God for in 2016.
Scripture to meditate on:
“In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV
Partner with us today!
If you enjoyed this article and think that it will be valuable to your followers, please use the buttons below to share with your family; friends and followers on social media.
Thank you for always showing your love and support. I truly appreciate you!
Happy New Year 2016 to everyone!
Enter your email address in the subscription box below to be notified when new content is published.