Hi, my name is Yvonne I. Wilson. I am a born again believer and a license Minister of the gospel currently residing in the Virgin Islands. I am also a certified RN, who nursed for 10 years and although I am no longer in direct practice in that profession, I continue to remain in the health care industry as the Materials Manager of the main hospital here on the island. Among my many accolades, I hold a Dip.Business Management and an Executive MA Business Management. I am currently a member of the Health Services Authority Building Properties and Procurement Committee.
I started blogging back in January 2012 at Empowerment Moments Blog which is my online ministry to share the word of God worldwide to equip and empower believers in order for them to be transformed by God’s supernatural power for lasting change; that they may operate in dimensions of unprecedented power and dominion; that God’s word through me will heal, and encourage others to discover their God given purpose and so live life to their fullest; to fully embrace ALL humanity, especially the hurt, wounded and emotionally scarred.
My ministry through this blog really came at a very low point in my life and was born out of much adversity, persecution and rejection. I was left feeling defeated and shrunk back by fear. A voice deep within me kept crying out aloud and there was really no one else to turn to but God. It was at that moment of despair, that God divinely intervened and asked me one simple question, “who better to encourage yourself but you through the word of God?”
The numerous set-backs and rock bottom experiences, varying adversities, my many hardships, physical abuses and pain over the years to the point of almost losing my mind and me being suicidal, is what I believe has helped to groom and prepare me for the ministry and the work of God. He has given my pain purpose and a unique voice through which He speaks to touch the untouchable and to reach the unreachable.
Honored Contributions and Mentions
I am overjoyed by the impact of Empowerment Moments Blog that has been made so far in the community since its inception. Here are some honored contributions and mentions to date:
I have done three guest posts to date and I am happy they were well received –
- How To Cope With Teenage Pregnancy As A Parent
- 8 Simple But Effective Ways To Overcome Low Self-Esteem
- 4 Things To Master To Lead A Positive Life
- On July 13th 2015, Sherman Smith named me among the successful bloggers who overcame failure How These 31 Successful Bloggers Overcame Failure
- A Chat with s Member of the HSABPPC in the Virgin Islands: Yvonne I. Wilson – August 10th 2015. It was an honor to be interviewed by Emebu Blessing over on Efogator. I had the opportunity to share on many aspects as it relates to my blogging journey
- Be Inspired, Empowered And Be Transformed With Yvonne Wilson – On July 16th 2015, I was humbled by this interview with Enstine Muki, a highly respected pro-blogger.
- Learn more about What are my biggest achievement and worst failure in blogging thus far from this interview by Philip V. Ariel
- On December 30th 2015, I was honored to be featured alongside some amazing superstar bloggers in this post – 17 Outstanding Stars Share Their Biggest Takeaway From This Year 2015 on Cre8te A Positive Life by Hema Unnoop
I consider it a blessing and an honor to have received the attention of and made mention of in posts by fellow bloggers. Here are a few:
- Enstine Muki, Harleena Singh, Ana Hoffman and 13 Other Bloggers Are M.A.D
- Will Your Real Target Audience Please Stand Up? Mass Media Versus New Media Marketing by Don Purdum
- Who do men say you are? Here’s what they say I am! by Enstine Muki
- GEMS Of Aha!NOW – October 2014 by Harlena Singh
- Four Women and An Opinionated Man by Vernon Layne
- Top 10 Inspiring Bloggers Of Aha!NOW – A Tribute
Contributor To The Following
It’s amazing to see how you build something and you never quite believe that it will grow and impact the lives of so many until it does. This is certainly the case with this award when in September 2015, Empowerment Moments Blog was listed and featured as the Best 25 Personal Growth Blogs 2015 by Emily Rosen, COO of Institute For The Psychology of Eating.
For More Important Things To Know About Me
Family is said to be the fabric of society, but for me my family is my life. The bond that exist among us have its foundation in the unconditional love that we have for each other.
- I recently discovered through the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test that my personality preference is an ISTJ (Introvet-Sensing-Thinking-Judging) Here is where you can read the entire article to learn more.
- Writing is my passion, simply because it gives me the opportunity to articulate my deep innermost thoughts far better than I would verbalizing them.
- I love to dream big and to strive for the things that only the God of the impossibilities can bring to fruition.
- I just celebrated my birthday this past January 19th
- I am mother to three of the most amazing and beautiful daughters and a first time grandma of two adorable 16 month old grandchildren (boy and a girl)
- This year 2014, I have decided to challenge myself with a theme focus, that is, to “Pursue Your Purpose With A Passion” and my one word 365 as “PERSEVERE”
- My favorite scripture is, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” ~ Philippians 4:13
Where Else Can You Find Me?
- Network with me on Linkedin
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Facebook friend connect
- Google+ here
“Empowering minds to believe.”
“Your destiny is more than just a dream, it’s your life, it’s reality!” (2012- 2014)
In addition to the contact form, you may also email @ email@example.com
So, as you journey with me through this online ministry, stand ready to experience the dunamis power of God to change and transform your life forever.
“Great minds don’t necessarily have to think alike, but one great mind is needed to compliment the other.” ~ Yvonne
Last update: December 31st, 2015