“There is a religion in all deep love, but the love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father.” ~ Samuel Taylor Coloridge
Mothers’ Day 2013 is fast approaching and will be celebrated this year on Sunday May 12th 2013. It’s a time set aside each year to celebrate mothers around the world and to honour them in very special ways.
We roll out the red carpet for them and from the flowers, to the gifts, the spa, hair salon, the dinners and so much more, they are pampered as we express our love, gratefulness and appreciation for them in treasured and unforgettable moments. This year promises to be fantastic!
Right here on Empowerment Moments Blog, I will be hosting a Mothers’ Day special series starting from May 1st to May 12th 2013 under the theme: “Celebrating the Life of Mothers Who Rock”
That’s right! This blog is ‘rolling aside’ and giving it all to the Mothers who are chosen, to honour and celebrate their life in a very special way.
Statement of purpose
Plans for the future
Suggested guidelines for entries
- These are mothers who encourages positive life changing attitudes
- They consistently promote positive images of women in general and more so, the youths and single parents.
- They go above and beyond the call of duty to mentor others and, by their outpouring have enriched and empowered the lives of many.
- They impact change, are influential, and are positive role models
- They are the matriarch in the family or in society leading change and transformation
- Young single mothers who are making a positive difference among their peers and society on a whole despite the challenges and hardships they face
Expectation of who, what, when, where?
- Provide basic information in your post about the mother you have chosen to celebrate and honor.
- Submit entry with a photo/s photos of the mother of your own choosing – a picture is worth a thousand words and gives the reader/s additional value
- Provide information on accomplishments and achievements, their causes/mission, ministry, community involvement and any other information that you believe might add value to your article and would be informative to our readers.
- The article should be around 700 words. I am open to receiving longer posts but it must be filled with great content, and not fillers
- Tribute in the form of poems will be accepted. In the event that the poem is not an original piece which is the preferred way, kindly cite the source so that there is no infringement on the intellectual property rights of others.
photo of family credited to blog owner