60 Quotes That You Will Love about Love
We are in the month of February and it is known as the month of love. On 14 February everybody will celebrate Valentine’s Day. Fortunes will be spent on gifts to show appreciation for our loved ones.
But allow me to pop this bubble for a moment. If everybody is so “big” on love and commitment, why do we have such a concern about the current divorce rate? Whether it is 45% or 50% shouldn’t matter; it shouldn’t be that high. Even if it is at 30%, it is not acceptable.
What happens to all the “love” when the month of February is over? Could it be that we don’t have a proper understanding of the real, true deeper meaning of love. Did we really become so shallow that we limit love to what we see on television?
Why only make your loved one feel special for one day in the year? Shouldn’t we be doing it 365 days per year? I have nothing against celebrating a special day, and really making it special just for the fun of it, but then we shouldn’t be neglecting the other 364 days either, should we?
To really celebrate love I thought it well to share some quotes about love. Love, not only between a man and a woman, but love for one another, in our workplace, at home and in general, about the love of God and about love for God. Over the next few days, randomly select one or two quotes per day and meditate on it during the course of the day. When you have a minute, just think about it, think about the meaning of it, and see if it will change the quality of your relationships.
60 Quotes About Love.
Love between Male and Female
- Love is like a pair of shoes, there must be two and they have to fit. – Anonymous
- Those who love deeply never grow old. They pass away from old age, but they die young. – Anonymous
- The price we pay for the wonder of getting to know someone intimately is intimate knowledge of his or her problems. – J Baldwin.
- It often amazes me that you love me; not because you know me for so many years, but because I’ve been living with you for so long. So if you have to love me, please let it be for the sake of love and for no other reason. – Elizabeth Barret Browning.
- Love sometimes suddenly slips in through a back door that you have unsuspectingly left open. – John Barrymore.
- The pounding of a loving heart is the earthly music that rises up into the highest parts of heaven. – Henry Ward Beecher.
- When you get to love someone, all your deepest wishes come true. – Elizabeth Bowan.
- When you remove love, the earth is an empty tomb. – Robert Browning.
- A man’s love is part of his life; it’s a woman’s whole existence. – Lord Byron.
- Love is blind. – Geoffrey Chaucer.
- The heart that loves, knows much more than the all the wisdom that books can teach. – Charles Dickens.
- Our joy has become more because we could share it, and our love has become more because we could give it away to each other. – John Drescher.
- Nothing makes you stronger – or weaker – than the knowledge that you are loved. – Sigmund Freud.
- The person who you love the most is often the one who hears it least. – La Beauchéne.
- To love is to be vulnerable. – C.S. Lewis
The Love of God
- God loves us, not because of who we are, but because of who He is. – Anonymous.
- God’s love is persistent, but never pushy. – Anonymous.
- Jesus didn’t come to make God’s love possible, but to make God’s love visible. – Anonymous.
- God’s love is not a love that will prevent us from having trials, but rather a love that will carry us through our trials. – Anonymous.
- God loves each one of us so much, as though there is only one of us to love. – Augustinus.
- Entrust the past to God’s grace, the presence to God’s love and the future to Gods providence. – Augustinus.
- True love always has something of the love of God in it. It doesn’t want, it wants to give. – Wilhard Becker.
- Love comes to us from heaven without us having to search or ask for it. – Pearl S. Buck.
- God’s love is never imposed on us. It should be discovered and welcomed. – Brother Rodger of Taizé.
- Godly love is no abstract theory: it is a living Person. – Harry Foster.
- God’s love for me is inexhaustible, and His love for me is the basis of my love for others. – Oswald Chambers.
- The heart of him who truly loves is a paradise on earth; he has God in him, for God is love. – Hugo de Lammenais.
- The greatest revelation of God’s love is the cross. There He wrote a love letter to the entire world in the blood of his Son. – I.L. de Villiers.
- No matter how much you love God, you can be assured that He loves you even more. – Meister Eckart.
- Love is the essence of God, power is only one of his attributes; therefore His love is greater than His power. – Richard Garnett.
Love for One Another
- Every true love tells the story of great patience. – Anonymous.
- Love is the answer, it doesn’t matter what the question is. – Anonymous.
- Try not to judge other people. When you judge other people, you are not showing love. – Anonymous.
- Love is an excellent teacher. – Augustinus.
- The ability to love is the ability to look away from your-self and to focus on someone else. – Wilhard Becker
- Love is the strongest weapon that God has given us in the fight against sin. The more love, the less problems. The more love, the less stress and complexes. The more love, the more perfection. – Wilhard Becker.
- Someone who has love can do without many things. Someone who has no love has nothing. – Phil Bosmans.
- Love is the only key that fits into the gates of paradise. – Phil Bosmans.
- Love is not blind, it sees much more than the obvious. Love sees within us, that which we are capable of. – Oswald Chambers.
- Love that does not renew itself every day later becomes a habit and finally a dull slavery. – Kahlil Gibran.
- If you judge other people, you have no time to love them. – Mother Teresa.
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an act of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful gesture. – Mother Teresa.
- If we want a message of love to be heard, it should be sent out. To keep a lamp burning we must continue to put oil into it. – Mother Teresa.
- Those who have the courage to love should have the courage to tolerate. – Trollope.
- Love is an endless act of forgiveness. – Peter Ustinov.
Love for God.
- The love of God is pure and ennobles every taste and desire; it strengthens each affection and brightens every worldly pleasure. – Anonymous.
- To love God is so much bigger than just knowing Him. – Thomas Aquinas
- The love of God is meaningless unless it is crowned with love for your fellow man. – Martin Buber
- If I love Jesus Christ personally, I can serve humanity, even though I sometimes get used as a doormat. – Oswald Chambers
- The closer we get to God because we love Him, the more we are united by our love for our neighbor; and the greater our unity with our neighbors, the greater our union with God.
- All we need is a believing heart. God will lead us, as it were by the hand; therefore, we must concentrate more on our love for Him than our fear of failure. – Francois Fénelon.
- I love God above all, and I love God in all people. – Margery Kemp.
- Our only task is to love God and to delight in Him. – Brother Lawrence
- Tell me who you love, and I’ll tell you who you are. – Tibetan proverb
- We do not have to do great things to prove our love for God and people. All that matters is how much love there is behind our actions. – Mother Theresa.
- The heart of Jesus’ message is that God loves us unconditionally and that He longs for our love, free from all fear. – Henri Nouwen
- Love is the greatest gift we can give to God, and it is the greatest gift that God can give us. – Jeremy Tailor
- God made you to love Him, not just to know Him. – Voltaire.
- Love the Lord your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always. – Deuteronomy 11:1 (NIV)
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c]38 This is the first and greatest commandment.39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] – Matthew 22:37-38 (NIV)
Over to You Now.
- Which of these quotes resonated with you the most and why?
- What part does love play in your life?
- Do you show love in your everyday life to people around you?
- Do you show love to that special person in your life?
- Do you tell him/her that you love him/her, or do you expect them to just know it?
- Are you able to receive love?
- Do you believe that God loves you?
- What is your personal relationship with God like?
- Do you have any quotes about love that you would love to share with us?
The above quotes is a collection from the book “Die Groot Boek van Christelike Aanhalings” (The Great Book of Christian Quotes) compiled by Nina Smit,
Partner with us today!
If you enjoyed this article and think that it will be valuable to your followers, please use the buttons below to share with your family; friends and followers on social media.
The heart that loves, knows much more than the all the wisdom that books can teach. – Charles Dickens.
Godly love is no abstract theory: it is a living Person. – Harry Foster.
If you judge other people, you have no time to love them. – Mother Teresa.
This are my favorites. It is good to have a day to remind people of love,it would be better
we would be in love every day 🙂
Great collection of quotes ,something for everyone.
Thank you so much for sharing your favorites with us.
Yes, it would be so much better if we would be in love every day. That would make the world a better place to live in.
I’m glad you enjoyed these quotes, have a blessed week!
So good to have you share your favorite quote with us. I especially love the one from Mother Teresa. Love is really a powerful thing and the heart that knows how to give it is the heart that has been transformed by the power of God’s word.
Thanks as always for your support and encouragement. Enjoy the rest of the week.
No matter how much you love God, you can be assured that He loves you even more. – Meister Eckart. This is my favorite….love it!!!! We can never outlove God. Wonderful quotes.
Hi Pastor Ava,
Thank you so much for your input!
Yes, I do agree with you, we can never outlove God. Amen!
I’m glad you enjoyed these quotes, have a blessed week!
Hi Pastor Ava
Always good to see you here on the blog. Thank you for sharing with us you favorite quote on love. Very inspirational. God bless you. Cheers! 🙂