Did you know that long before you were conceived in your mother’s womb, God had you in His plan to live in the realm of Kingdom Royalty? Say what? Yes, that is absolutely correct! However, in order for you to live that lifestyle to its fullest, and to maintain your position of power and authority in the Kingdom of God [Heaven], Jesus has established a priority and a set of principles [spiritual laws] that must be adhered to.
Before I address the kingdom mindset and the principles therein that brings the shift for success, there are some questions that must first be answered. What is the priority Jesus is referring to? What is this Kingdom? Where is it based and who governs it?
The first order of business or the top priority for faith believing persons is to “Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.” Matthew 6:25-34
Everyone must seek God to know His perfect will, thoughts, purpose and plans for your life. [Jeremiah 29:11] When you make the spiritual aspects of things that pertains to your life and godliness, and the things of God, He has a lifetime responsibility to take care of matters pertaining to you here on planet earth.
Living in the realm of Kingdom Royalty, means that when you abide by God’s principles, your reward for your obedience is you have a guaranteed lifetime assurance, one that is free from worry or stress with the knowledge of God’s word that Jesus has already taken care of everything that you will ever have need of. The point is, there is absolutely no limit to the amount of resources that are available in the Kingdom of God. Here are a few examples –
- The silver is mine and the gold is mine, declares the Lord of hosts. – Haggai 2:8
- For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird on the mountains, and all the animals of the field are mine. – Psalm 50:10-12 NLT
- The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it…Psalm 24;1 NLT
- Need ideas and strategies to access the resources? Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath. – Deuteronomy 8:18 NLT
What is the Kingdom?
The concept of kingdom is based on the premise of a monarchial form of government that is headed by a king; the influence of that king over the people with his personal will, purpose and intent; and the impact the king’s will has on the territory or region he rules over in terms of producing a culture, a set of values, morals and the kind of lifestyle that is a direct reflection of the king’s character and nature. Being king over a kingdom is absolute and is assumed by way of one’s birthright and not by a vote into or out of power.
Now over the course of Jesus’ lifetime and ministry, He always focused on and spoke about kingdom. Matter of fact, in His early preaching He began to establish the kingdom [mindset] by telling the people, “Repent, [change your inner self – your old way of thinking, regret past sins, live your life in a way that proves repentance; seek God’s purpose for your life], for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” [Matthew 4:17]
Furthermore, the kingdom concept and mindset birthed in the heart of man comes directly from God our Creator through His Son Jesus Christ. The Bible says that when the Pharisees demanded an answer from Jesus as to when the Kingdom of God would come, Jesus’s response was this, “The Kingdom of God cometh not with observation: neither shall they say ‘Lo here, or, lo there! for, behold, the Kingdom of God is within you.” – Luke 17:21-22
The Undeniable Truths About The Kingdom of God
- It is the rule and government of God both in heaven and here on earth – Jesus is King, Lord and sovereign
- It is a spiritual thing, not physical and it is within your heart
- It has territory, sphere or a domain over which the king exercises full authority
- It has equity, balance and reflects a commonwealth – guarantees equal opportunity and access to financial security and economic system
- It has only one currency which is faith in Jesus Christ
- It has a specific culture – protocols and procedures reflective of the word of Jesus
- It is within your daily reach if in your walk each day you make the right choices – privileges, rights and benefits given to its citizens
- Jesus Christ [kingdom] is in your heart as He works the changes in you for His purpose, glory and honor
- It is not institutional but one based on your relationship with God
- It has a constitution – set of royal covenants between the citizens [community of subjects] and the king
- None of it is controlled by political will, economic power or military might – has an army [host of angels or the military component] which provides security to its citizens
- Code of ethics that is, an acceptable lifestyle or conduct to which citizens are expected to abide by
- It is current [your reality now] and it is futuristic
Where is it based and who governs it?
It is already established that as a believer in Christ Jesus, the Kingdom of heaven is within you. Therefore, you need not look any further. What makes the difference however is the one who sits upon the throne in your heart. Jesus is the one enthroned as the King of God’s Kingdom. [Isaiah 9:6; John 18:36-37; Revelation 5:13]
It is essential to know and understand that Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords! He is sovereign and His word is truth and law. It is the principle upon which every true Kingdom works! It is also the King’s character that determines the underlying tone, nature, culture and the overall impact on the nation they govern.
Kingdom Mindset – How To Develop It?
“Therefore if you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, sharing in His resurrection from the dead], keep seeking the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. v2 Set your mind and keep focused habitually on the things above [the heavenly things], not on things that are on the earth [which have only temporal value]. v3 For you died [to this world], and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God. v4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you will appear with Him in glory.” [Colossians 3:1-4 AMP]
I believe the single most important factor in advancing the Kingdom of God in our lives and here on this earth, is to have a kingdom mindset. Gregory Brown, author of ‘Having A Heavenly Mindset’ on bible.org explains a kingdom mindset this way, “The people who forcefully grabbed hold of the kingdom of heaven are the ones advancing it.” Not only must you forcefully grab hold of the Kingdom of Heaven, your obedience in doing what the King requires must become second nature.
Satan’s plan is to keep believers from grabbing hold of this new way of thinking and living. He does this by bombarding and attacking your mind with fear, doubt and worldly thoughts but you develop a kingdom mindset and win when you focus on the following: –
(a) your resurrected new life and position in Christ
(b) when you acknowledge Him in all that you do [Proverbs 3:5-6] It is the strength of every Kingdom citizen
(c) pursue after the things that are above and gain approval of the King and not the approval of man here on earth
(d) your life hidden with Christ in God
(e) disciplined lifestyle – daily renew your mind with the word of God and cease to be conformed to the things of this world.
To be continued…