9 Tips On How You Can Free Your Life Of Clutter
Do you ever feel that your life is just a bit cluttered? Have you ever gotten to the point where you felt so overwhelmed by all of the things that surrounded you, whether at work or at your home? The truth is, at times life can leave you feeling overwhelmed and that leads to mental clutter.
Your brain goes into overdrive either by you trying to multitask or to speed process your thoughts and then – it’s as if you are gasping for air and your breath is about to be taken away. The clutter can come in a wide variety of forms and you do not realize it until it’s too late and then, you are shoved into a ‘melt down.’
Look no further than your email inbox and you have a good example of some of the clutter I’m talking about. Look at all of the ‘to do’s’ on your list, the deadlines you have to meet and the meetings that you have to attend and you are one step closer to being overwhelmed.
There are physical elements around in the home. They are so very easy to accumulate because they all seem nice and just another one to add to the list in ‘grandma’s trinket box’ or the ‘must keep this item.’
But at the end of the day clutter, be it mental or physical, become dead weight in your life. It is that which can steal some of your most precious and valuable intangible commodities of time, happiness and our joy. Consider these tips for self improvement and self development –
Tips on How to De-clutter Your Life
- Eliminate physical disorganization – systematically go through your home and throw out every object that are no longer used, that serve no purpose and is in your way
- Unload the excess baggage of your life and simply leave them behind!
- Gmail provide a good way to sort mails into primary, social and promotions – make use of it
- Go through your to-do list and remove anything that is not essential.
- Some things others can do, therefore delegate those responsibilities.
- No one is superhuman, so give yourself the freedom to acknowledge your humanness
- Conduct a thorough inventory and simply get rid of self-defeating thoughts
- Take note of the ideas that are outdated and harmful to your productivity and flush them
- Take some time to just love on yourself and most of all is to be grateful for your life.
So, if you want to make a great investment that cost zero dollars and with long-term benefits, then de-clutter your life.
How have you dealt with mental or physical clutter in your life? What are some of the other things that you would like to see added to this list.
This is a re-post taken from the archives. Some aspects that are no longer current info was removed. The post was written last January but was never transferred from Blogger over to WordPress.com. Let’s hope you enjoy. Blessings! 🙂