Many generations have gone before that of Confucius. We have also witnessed generations after his time. His wisdom is desired by all those who seek a greater good in which to make a difference not only in themselves but in the life of others.
His philosophy – a number of persons emulate as it has been known to emphasize personal and governmental morality. His teachings later became the basis for religious and moral life throughout China.
It is not my intention to give you a history lesson but beyond that which I have just stated, what else do we really know about the man Confucius?
More Facts About Confucius
Confucius was a Chinese teacher, government official, politician and China’s most famous Philosopher, this according to Wikipedia . His entire lifetime spanned from 551 to March 4, 479 B.C.
Due to the turmoil and injustices he saw and the growing disorder and chaos in the Chinese government system, he set himself to develop a new moral code based on respect, honesty, education, kindness and strong family bonds.
He perpetuated his thoughts everywhere possible for good government and good officials, both of which he felt to be the basis for a peaceful and happy society.
Confucius’s Five Virtues of Good Officials
Are you thinking of being in a position of leadership, government, or just wanting to be the best person you can be in life? Here are Confucius’s five virtues that you should strive to master:
- Li – ritual etiquette, manners, gravity
- Ren – kindness to fellow men
- Xin – truthfulness, faithfulness and sincerity
- Yi – righteousness or honesty, generosity of soul
- Xiao – filial piety, strong family values
24 Quotes to Catapult You To A New Dimension
1. The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential…these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence. – Confucius
2. When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. – Confucius
3. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Confucius
4. By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. -Confucius
5. Success depends on previous preparation, and without such preparation there is to be failure. -Confucius
6. If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them. -Confucius
7. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. -Confucius
8. Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men. -Confucius
9. The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. -Confucius
10 Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues. -Confucius
11. The more man meditates upon good thoughts; the better will be his world and the world at large. -Confucius
12. When you are laboring for others let it be with the same zeal as if it were for yourself. -Confucius
13. When we see persons of worth, we should think of equaling them; when we see persons of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves. -Confucius
14. Virtue is not left to stand alone. He who practices it will have neighbors. -Confucius
15. Forget injuries, never forget kindness. -Confucius
16. What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others. -Confucius
17. I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there. -Confucius
18. Without an acquaintance with the rules of propriety, it is impossible for the character to be established. -Confucius
19. Recompense injury with justice, and recompense kindness with kindness. -Confucius
20. You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear. -Confucius
21. Questions are the creative acts of intelligence. -Confucius
22. Do not worry about holding high position; worry rather about playing your proper role. -Confucius
23. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a simple step. -Confucius
24. When anger rises, think of the consequences. -Confucius
Which quote stood out the most for you? How has the life of Confucius impacted and or influenced your life today? Leave a comment and remember to share with your family and friends on social media network.