25 Michelle Obama Most Powerful and Influential Quotes
Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama is married to the 44th and current President of the United States, Barack Obama, and she is the first African-American First Lady of the United States. That in itself is historical! However, within a few months, the Obama’s presence in the White House will become a thing of the past.
Alongside her husband though, Michelle Obama has made her own mark and is thought to be one of the most powerful and influential First Ladies the United States ever had.
She’s a woman of class and style! She was named the #1 most stylish in Style Magazine in 2013. She is the one and only First Lady in American history to hold two Ivy League degrees.
She’s one of the few First Ladies who is not ashamed to show love and affection openly for her husband. 🙂
She’s had an impact on people of all ages, race, ethnicity, political affiliation, religious background, not to mention the positive role model she has been to the people who are aspiring to emulate her lifestyle and perhaps one day also be in the White House as wife to another African American President.
So in honor of her legacy we have put together ….of Michelle Obama’s most powerful and influential quotes
1. “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” – Michelle Obama
2. “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else say distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am.” – Michelle Obama
3. Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.” – Michelle Obama
4. “We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean…and we were taught to value everyone’s contribution and treat everyone with respect.” – Michelle Obama
5. “We learned about dignity and decency – that how hard you work matters more than how much you make…that helping others mean more than getting ahead of yourself.” – Michelle Obama
6. “We learned about honesty and integrity – that the truth matters…that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules…and success don’t count unless you earn it fair and square.” – Michelle Obama
7. “Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.” – Michelle Obama
8. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.” – Michelle Obama
9. “Fear binds you up, and it prevents you from taking risks because you’re worried about failing.” – Michelle Obama
10. “The question of what you want to be when you grow up is one that you will eternally be answering.” – Michelle Obama
11. “Obstacles are a part of the journey.” – Michelle Obama
12. “There’s going to be somebody who’s going to try to put doubt in your mind. You’ve got to learn how to brush that kind of stuff off your shoulders.” – Michelle Obama
13. “Failing is a crucial part of success. Every time you fail and get back up, you practice perseverance, which is the key to life. Your strength comes in your ability to recover.” – Michelle Obama
14. “Don’t underestimate the importance of having a comfort zone.” – Michelle Obama
15. “I’m always going to be discovering parts of myself, and you’ll find that you will be too.” – Michelle Obama
16. “We are all women and people supporting each other so once you get into a network, don’t waste it, don’t be afraid to reach out to people.” – Michelle Obama
17. “That energy you give out, you get back in return.” – Michelle Obama
18. “I would tell my younger self, take risks, don’t be afraid to fail. Don’t worry about what other people say.” – Michelle Obama
19. “You’re not supposed to do this perfectly. You don’t do life perfectly, no one does.” – Michelle Obama
20. “Hard work is really the defining factor in success. It’s not having the perfect grades. It’s not never making mistakes.” – Michelle Obama
21. “We should always have three friends in our lives – one who walks ahead who we look up to and follow; one who walks beside us who is with us every step of our journey; and then, one who we reach back for and bring along after we’ve cleared the way.” – Michelle Obama
22. “Just do what works for you, because there will always be someone who think differently.” – Michelle Obama
23. “Find people who will make you better.” – Michelle Obama
24. “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.” – Michelle Obama
25. “Good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don’t hurt.” – Michelle Obama
Michelle, she is really amazing. She was one of those awesome leaders who fought for the release of Chibzy girls in my country.
Reading her quotes is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing. She will always be remembered in history for her accomplishments.
Such a great role model. I admire her courage and the grace with which she has executed her duties as the First Lady. She will be missed from the White House.
She’s an amazing woman and thanks for sharing these quotes.
So happy to see you. 🙂 I agree wholeheartedly that Michelle Obama is such a wonderful person. Very empowering!
Have a great weekend. Blessings! 🙂
Reblogged this on ErikaBeyk.
Thanks Erika. Appreciate the reblog. Have a great weekend.