First Lady Michelle Obama’s speech on the opening night the Democratic National Convention July 25th, 2016 will go down in history as one of the most incredibly powerful, stunning, passionate yet forceful as she made her case for Hillary Clinton for the White House.
As she delivered line by line, sentence after sentence I could feel the goosebumps covering my body. At one time she choked up, there I was getting all choked up as well. It’s a night I would not forget. It’s a moment in history that will remain in my heart forever.
Her husband and the 44th President of the United States had this to say about her, “Incredible speech by an incredible woman. Couldn’t be more proud and our country has been blessed to have her as FLOTUS. I love you, Michelle.”
“I thought her delivery was excellent,” Donald Trump tells The Hollywood Reporter. “I thought she did a very good job. I liked her speech.” Let’s just leave that as, wow!
Here now are the top 11 Quotes gleaned from Michelle Obama’s at the 2016 Democratic National Convention:-
1. “We urge them [our daughters] to ignore those who question their father’s citizenship or faith.” ~ Michelle Obama
2. “We explain that when someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you do not stoop to their level. No, our motto is when they go low, we go high.” ~ Michelle Obama
3. “What I admire most about Hillary is that she never buckles under pressure; she never takes the easy way out. And Hillary Clinton has never quit on anything in her life.” ~ Michelle Obama
4. “I want someone with the proven strength to persevere, someone who knows this job and takes it seriously, someone who understands the issues that a president faces are not black and white and cannot be boiled down to 140 characters.” ~ Michelle Obama
5. “I want a president with a record of public service, someone whose life’s work shows our children that we don’t chase fame and fortune for ourselves, we fight to give everyone a chance to succeed.” ~ Michelle Obama
6. “We are always stronger together.” ~ Michelle Obama
7. “Leaders like Hillary Clinton who has the guts and the grace to keep coming back and putting those cracks on that highest and hardest glass ceiling until she finally breaks through, lifting all of us along with her.” ~ Michelle Obama
8. “I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves and I watch my daughters, two beautiful, intelligent black young women playing with their dogs on the White House Lawn.” ~ Michelle Obama
9. “Because of Hillary Clinton, my daughters and all our sons and daughters now take for granted that a woman can be president of the United States.” ~ Michelle Obama
10. “Don’t let anyone ever tell you that this country isn’t great, that somehow we need to make it great again. Because this, right now, is the greatest country on earth.” ~ Michelle Obama
11. “In this election, we cannot sit back and hope that everything works out for the best. We cannot afford to be tired, or frustrated, or cynical.” ~ Michelle Obama