Let me interject here and set it on the record that my musing today is not meant to be condescending in anyway, shape or form or even to dwell on negativity. That’s not my intention at all, rather it is purely for illustration and to show what remarkable results of favor and blessings that can come out of the negative once we release faith and look beyond the dark cloud.
If you are reading this column and you say you have not had an experience with any of the above referrals, then that is okay, mind you not normal, just okay. But quite frankly, I know we’ve all had our moments and our share of drought and struggles in life. I have.We struggle to ‘fit in.’ We struggle to find our place in the workforce. We go to church, dry places are there and we struggle there too – we are at times misunderstood as we wrestle with the thought of what really is our calling. We go to school and as children or even now in our adult life, a few of us get teased, bullied and even ostracised for no obvious reasons. For some, the struggles within continue for weeks, months and possibly years. But whatever the case may be, God has a perfect plan for everything.
As I was having one of those moments where it felt like a brass heaven and I am ministering unto the Lord and His Holy Spirit is ministering to me I said, “God did you not just tell me…..what I’m seeing today looks nothing like what you told me just yesterday.” You see, I had reason to get clarity from God because I had just finished dealing with a bullying, manipulative, and religious spirit who had been picking on me for some days now. Pardon me but I refuse to give those spirits any place whatsoever into my life.
It was then I was reminded of a passage of scripture found in 1 Kings 18:41-46 (verse of focus v 44) that after a long season of drought Elijah was praying for rain with his face between his knees. As I encourage you to read it for yourself to get the full understanding of what God wants you and I to hear, the man of God Elijah in the meantime kept sending his servant to tell him what he saw. Each time his servant reported that he saw nothing.
It was not UNTIL the seventh time of going back to look as Elijah told him, that he finally SAW and said, “a cloud as small as a man’s hand is arising out of the sea.” It is said how Elijah then gave his servant a message to give king Ahab, that is, “hitch your chariot and go down, lest the rain stop you,” Now imagine how fast Elijah’s servant left to carry out the request of Elijah and just as promised, the rain did come and it was a very, very heavy rain!
I crave your indulgence even more to follow where I am going with this. First, the clearness of the sky would render the smallest speck distinctly visible. If you’ve ever had the opportunity to, observe what takes place with that small speck, like a precursor of rain, you will notice how it rises higher and higher, it darkens and becomes larger and larger, spreading with astonishing celerity till the whole heaven is black and the cloud bursts into a deluge of rain.
You and I could be in the middle of a calm moment in our lives, we are on a high yet minding our own business, it’s right after one of those moments where you know for a fact that you got a sure word from the Lord, He gives you a small glimpse/preview into your future, (small speck) and you get all excited and then suddenly bamm, darkness appears, and it’s like chaos all around! It’s that darkness and the increasing size of the cloud that we face our greatest battle. Does any of this sound familiar?
Could it be the reason we get so excited in the first place is because for some unknown reason, God ‘forgot’ or maybe purposely left out details of the process you and I would have to go through and so to engage us into freely accepting, we see the bright outcome and not the darkness, the dark cloud and the storm? Just asking really. But think about it seriously.
What are the lessons you can leave here with though?
- Be careful what you pray and believe God for..
- When God get ready to use you and I, He is going to require some things from each one of us. Be sure you are ready..
- A huge part of achieving greatness is the pain associated with it..
- DO not get all excited about the outcome of your future, if you know you are not ready to go through the process that includes some persecution, fire, testing and tribulation…
- You are going to have to confront and expose some devils and move them out of the way through your FAITH and the WORD of God.
- Be prepared, if needs be to wrestle your BLESSINGS out of their hands…
- Be prepared to STAND UP for what is right and be willing to do what God has asked you to do, even if you are doing it by yourself.
- God will never send you on an assignment in dangerous territories and not have an army of reserves to back you up, and if necessary take over the fight for you.
- God already have VICTORY inscribed on the assignment with your name on it.
- When you are sent out, you go as an Ambassador to represent God, He’s got your back, so be a part of the SOLUTION and NEVER a part of the problem.