How To Regain Your Identity After Jail
Okay, here’s the deal – if you creased your forehead and squinted your eyes at the title of this post, I’m with you. It was my exact reaction upon going behind the scenes and came across this as one of the things that two persons had searched through my blog looking for answers to this week. My gut instinct told me to take a stroll back down memory lane to last November 2012 and sure enough there was this article, Reclaim Your Identity And Regain Your Destiny . But still it left me wondering to myself, ‘did I really meet their expectations by the suggestions that were offered back then in that article?’ Hopefully, I did. Nevertheless, I am leaning towards empathy and though to expound on the subject and even provide a different perspective.
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
- Establish/re-establish and affirm your relationship with God. He is the only source of your identity. There is no other way to gain it back but through Him.
- Accept and love the you that God created you to be. You are special, fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Knowing your purpose and why you were created on this earth is key to your future.
- Develop a Christ-like mind set through faith in God and constantly reading His word.
- Get wisdom – Godly wisdom that is, and make her your friend.
- Surround yourself with positive thinkers – people who support you and who would hold you accountable for your future actions/behavior. While your faith in God is necessary to guide you, having fellowship with the right people will help to guard you.
- Set S-M-A-R-T (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) personal goals
- Get yourself organized by creating processes and checklist. Track and measure your progress and constantly remind yourself of deadlines.
- Create and seek balance in your life. Balance is necessary as it eliminates chaos and confusion.
- Value virtue and hold dear, things that are true, noble, authentic, and praise worthy.
- Find inner peace and strength in God’s presence and through His word.
- Reward yourself each time you stick with it and you meet your deadlines etc and your goal is achieve.