The week that was series began this past April 13th 2013. It was another way to add diversity to my blog and to summarize in one post pivotal moments of the week, that is, interesting highlights of my personal life, news, views, book and blog reviews, and tweets, especially those that made headline and went viral. But quite unlike those Saturdays past, it is a little different today. You see, all this past week, one line that kept on coming up in my prayer was, “Lord help me to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger and wrath.” In my attempt to get the full understanding of what I was really asking God to do in my life, I have reason to pause today, to consciously silence the noise around me and to meditate upon the word that I may be enlightened, revived and refreshed with God’s peace.
Here are a number of scripture verses about being quick to listen and slow to speak that I have been drawn to help me with the process.
- “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:” ~ James 1:19
- “Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.” ~ Proverbs 17:28
- “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth , but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.” ~ Ephesians 4:29
- “Seest thou a man [that is] hasty in his words? [there is] more hope of a fool than him.” ~ Proverbs 29:20
- “A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.” ~ Proverbs 15:1
- “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.” ~ Proverbs 12:15
- “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit is better than he that taketh a city.” ~ Proverbs 16:32
- “The wise in heart shall be called prudent: and the sweetness of the lips increaseth learning.” ~ Proverbs 16:21
- “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.” ~ Ephesians 4:26
- “In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength:” ~ Isaiah 30:15
- “Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.” ~ Psalm 46:10
- “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;” ~ Ephesians 6:18
Get the entire series here
Have a great weekend everyone! God bless you.