Start Believing In Your Unlimited Potential
How do you typically define yourself? Do you realize that you have far more potential than you are willing to give yourself credit for? When you self-talk, what are you really preaching to your soul? Is it positive or is it negative?
Pause and think about it for a moment….
Okay, now that we’ve done that, [myself included] do you realize how easy it is for negative thoughts to permeate into our sub-conscious and show up on our radar? I find that very often in our unconscious self-talk, we rarely say positive things about ourselves. We are often our harshest critic and as one person said to a group of us recently, we are often times our own worst enemy.
To help us change that mind set, I want us first to dig deeper into the meaning, after which I will bring you some quotes on potential that I hope would inspire you and bring you to that place where you can now begin to believe in your unlimited potential.
What really is potential though?
Dictionary.reference.com defines it as 1) possible, as opposed to actual 2) capable of being or becoming 3) expressing possibility 4) a latent excellence or ability that may or may not be developed.
I gave it further though and here is what I think about it…
I am that which I have not yet realized – my thoughts, ideas, talents and my abilities that are reserved in that part of my being that only the divine can connect me to. Potential is not my past, and neither is it my present. It is the hidden treasure buried deep within my earthen vessel, awaiting my future to awaken it so that it may soar like the eagle into a realm of endless possibilities. ~ Yvonne I. Wilson
What do others have to say…
1. You cannot see anything that you do not first contemplate as a reality ~ Ramtha
2. We have a powerful potential in our youth, and we must have the courage to change old ideas and practices so that we may direct their power toward good ends. ~Mary McLeod Bethune
3. One’s only rival is one’s own potentialities. One’s only failure is failing to live up to one’s possibilities. In this sense, every man can be a king and must therefore be treated like a king. ~ Abraham Maslow
4. The greatest crime in the world is not developing your potential. When you do what you do best, you are helping not only yourself, but the world. ~ Roger Williams
5. Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential. ~ John Maxwell
6. Living enlightenment is being intense in every moment and responding intuitively to achieve your limitless potential for creativity and joy. ~ Paramahamsa Nithyananda
7. Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. ~ William Faulkner
8. The greatest barrier to someone achieving their potential is their denial of it. ~ Simon Travaglia
9. Each of us is born with the potential for the unfolding of our true self. When you deviate from the truth, you are interfering with the intention of something greater than you are – call it nature or a higher power. ~ Unknown
10. Human potential, though not always apparent, is there waiting to be discovered and invited forth. ~ William W. Purkey
11. The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good. ~ Brian Tracy
12. The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential…these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence. ~ Eddie Robinson
13. No matter how many times you get knocked down, keep getting back up. God sees your resolve. He sees your determination. And when you do everything you can do, that’s when God will step in and do what you can’t do. ~ Joel Osteen
14. Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential. ~ William Churchill
So there you have it. Don’t ever count yourself out. Believe in yourself and the potential that lies within you waiting the perfect opportunity to exhale, that is, the moment you give it permission to do so.
There is no need to doubt or entertain negative self talk. You are God’s chosen generation who’s been called to demonstrate His power and glory here upon this earth. There are many that are looking to you because they have visualized the undeveloped potential that is in you. Give room for nurturing and cultivating.
You may not understand everything that you are going through right now, but God knows your value and He sees your potential. So hold your head up high, knowing that God has a great plan and purpose for your life – one that I can definitely say, will tap into your unlimited potential!
NOW YOUR TURN…
- What are your thoughts on potential?
- What does it mean to you?
- What are some of the ways that you think someone can be helped to reach their potential?
- What other quote on potential would you add to this list?
image courtesy Porsche Brosseau
Reblogged this on caseylove's and commented:
Always believe in yourself
This is so true. I definitely need this… 🙂
And I had to tweet this one right away “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential. ~ John Maxwell”. I might even blog about this one next time.
Thank you again for this wonderful eye-opener, Yvonne. God bless!
So happy to know that you were encouraged and inspired by this post Kristine. It is a great idea to expand on it even further – I would love to read your upcoming blog post on it. Thanks for stopping by. Blessings! “)
This post truly speaks to me. Especially #9:
“When you deviate from the truth, you are interfering with the intention of something greater than you are – call it nature or a higher power. ~ Unknown”
This is why it’s so important to disconnect and stay attuned to what is right for us. We live in a crazy busy world that sometimes idleness is looked down on. But it’s in that down time we can listen to ourselves and our hearts to truly define what we need.
That quote is indeed profound Kalley and I love your idea of disconnecting and staying in touch with ourselves. Excellent point!
By the way …….I like your blog’s brand new look. It is unique and very professional. Keep up the good work. Love it!!!!!!
Thank you! I would of course give credit also to Larry Deane of http://sideincomeblogging.com/
Truly…..one cannot rise higher than one’s thoughts. In order for you to become it you must first think and believe it. The greatest accomplishment began with a thought. It is important to believe in yourself. There is only one you. You have been assigned and equipted to do that task so go for it. Good post.
So glad you enjoyed it! 🙂 Have a great day/weekend!