In the midst of the chaos and confusion that is taking place on the world’s stage today, it is easy to lose focus. We feel the pain and discomfort of others, while we ourselves search for happiness and try to make sense of the hopeless realities that each one face.
It is therefore hoped that the words of these great men and women will bring inspiration, encouragement and motivation to live a life of true happiness and to lift you out of the valley of despair.
1. To establish true self esteem we must concentrate on our true successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives. ~ Denis Waitley
2. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself. ~ Harvey Fierstein
3. Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself. ~ Robert Collier
4. The strongest single factor in acquiring abundance is self-esteem: believing you can do it, believing that you deserve it, believing you will get it. ~ Jerry Gillies
5. We need to find the courage to say NO to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity. ~ Barbara De Angelis
6. Self esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgments of others. ~ Oprah Winfrey
7. One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered. ~ Michael J. Fox
8. Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn’t have the time to sit around and talk about you. What’s important to me is not others’ opinion of me, but what’s important to me is my opinion of myself. ~ C. JoyBell C.
9. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too. ~ Earnest Hemingway
11. How would your life be different if….You stopped allowing other people to dilute or poison your day with their words or opinions? Let today be the day….You stand strong in the truth of your beauty and journey through your day without attachment to the validation of others. ~ Steve Maraboli
12. There is always room in your life for thinking bigger, pushing limits and imagining the impossible. ~ Tony Robbins
13. Love for others must begin with a self-discovery of love for yourself and who you are. Dare to love yourself first because if you are not comfortable with who you are or the the truth about what you have just uncovered about you, then you are not ready to enter a relationship loving someone else. ~ Yvonne I. Wilson
14. True happiness do not come from the external symbols of success, true happiness comes from within. You deserve to be happy. ~ Yvonne I. Wilson
15. I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our own circumstances but by our own disposition. ~ Martha Washington
16. If we can get to the place where we show up as our genuine selves and let each other see who we really are, the awe-inspiring ripple effect will change the world.” ~ Terrie M. Williams
17. Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
18. Acceptance of others, their looks, their behaviors, their beliefs, brings you an inner peace and tranquility instead of anger and resentment.” ~ Anon X
19. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
20. Remember happiness doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think. ~ Dale Breckenridge Carnegie
Leave us a comment, share your thoughts, add your voice and share with friends and family on social media to bless someone else.
Photo credit: Shutterstock.com