There is no shortage of resources of the things that you and I can use to improve ourselves in our daily lives. Just take a look around, the choice is yours, whether it be via the internet, books, television, radio, an institute of higher learning, just to mention a few.
It is great that we have these things at our finger tips, yet truth must be told, no matter what direction we take to become different or to modify things in our life, we will never be perfect.
This post Don’t Try To Be Perfect – Be Yourself I believe will shed more light and help us to understand that we are not perfect and along the way, mistakes will be made.
Opportunities will also present and we will find ourselves trapped and losing control to our weaknesses. For some, ego will lend itself to making blunders, causing one to stumble and even fall down at times.
Yet as we journey through life, our aim should always be, to be better than we were the day before, to improve our lives by whatever means, even if we cannot be perfect.
So what can we do to better ourselves? According to Walter Anderson –
Our lives improve only when we take chances – and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves.”
Here then are 16 ways that you can improve yourself even if you cannot be perfect.
1. Be honest with yourself – We live in an imperfect world and no matter how hard we try, whether we are saved or unsaved, we will not be perfect.
2. Slow down, relax and make time to pamper yourself – [I am so guilty of not doing this.] Sometimes we get so busy, it is easy to lose a sense of who we are. Spend quality time to get in touch with your inner being. Meditate and just lie still for a moment.
3. Open up your spirit to learn new things each day – This means being willing to step outside of the box or out of our comfort zone and to indulge in things that are not familiar to us. After a while routine tend to become dull and boring while on the other hand, learning and doing new things makes you a more grounded and interesting person.
4. Talk positively to yourself and others – Remember words have power that can either bring life to your hopes and dreams or imprisonment of your spirit man and eventually, death and destruction.
Please read also: 8 High Impact Positive Self-Talk To Tell Yourself and Others
5. Make exercise a part of your daily life – The best time to do this is early morning, if not; whatever schedule works best for you. Include different types of workout and remember, exercising do not have to be in a gym.
6. No matter what, maintain a healthy lifestyle – This include eating healthy, nutritious wholesome meals, drinking plenty of water and cutting back on things like sugar, caffeine and even sodium for those with hypertension and other health related medical conditions.
7. Stay up-to-date with current world affairs – We cannot [should not] completely exclude ourselves from what’s happening around us. It is my belief that if we are to live the best life possible in this world, we might as well try to understand it and to realize how our everyday decisions have an impact on someone else around us.
8. Get in the habit of reading [more] – Reading sharpens your mind, it quickens your thinking and expands your knowledge base. If you are not a fan of reading then make learning more fun and exciting by doing puzzles. There are number of educational ones in bookstores and on newsstands.
9. Be respectful to others – By being respectful to others, respect naturally comes back to you. You do not demand it, you earn it simply by what you give to others or how you treat them.
10. Be wise with your finances – Set a budget and do not spend more than you have or more than you earn. Impulsive spending will eventually kill your finances.
11. Save some of your money – A simple rule of thumb is the 10-10-10 where you tithe to the church 10%, pay yourself 10% and save 10 %. You never know the direction in which life will take you, so it’s important to save for the rainy days so that you will have something to fall back on.
12. Have [more] family meals together – Eating meals together as a family strengthens the bond and build healthy relationships. It’s a time of sharing and expressing your love for each other.
13. Have playtime together with your family –This is a relatively inexpensive way that you can build a strong bond with your family, have fun and to just enjoy life. Movie nights, board games, and picnics are all low costs ways. You play together, you stay together.
14. Give more – This is a great principle to adhere to. It has been proven by many that it is more blessed to give than it is to receive. Giving to others is seed sowing that brings a bountiful harvest back into your life. Take a look around you, there is something that you can give to a neighbor, friend or to charity.
15. Give thanks – In everything we are to give thanks. Not only is it God’s will for us but we must remember to give thanks for what we have or the success that we’ve had in life.
16. Pray [together] everyday, pray on every occasion – We have heard this said many times, pray changes things and praying [together] can move mountains. It might be you having a rough day or a family member or even a friend having a rough week. Pray for them or better yet, pray together. The prayer of the faithful avails much!
Did you enjoy this post? What else would you add to this list? Share your thoughts and..
No matter what, have fun! Make it a great day, make it the best day of the rest of your life!