10 Billy Graham Quotes on Why Easter Matters
Much has been written and spoken over the years about the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. These two significant events are by all means the most important events in the history of human kind.
But God shows His love for us, because while we were still sinners Christ died for us. (ref: Romans 5:8) Easter matters and so does the Cross.
Here is a collection of quotes from Billy Graham that I hope will be a blessing to you.
1. “Without the resurrection, the cross is meaningless.”
2. The cross shows us the seriousness of our sin – but it also shows us the immeasurable love of God.”
3. “God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, “I love you.'”
4. “Why is it that the cross has become the symbol of Christianity? It is because at the cross Jesus purchased our redemption and provided a righteousness which we could not ourselves earn.”
5. “God undertook the most dramatic rescue operation in cosmic history. He determined to save the human race from self-destruction, and sent His Son Jesus Christ to salvage and redeem them. The work of man’s redemption was accomplished at the cross.”
6. “Sin’s masterpiece of shame and hate became God’s masterpiece of mercy and forgiveness. Through the death of Christ upon the cross, sin itself was crucified for those who believe in Him.”
7. “If Jesus had not risen from the dead, no right-minded person would have glorified anything so hideous and repulsive as a cross stained with the blood of Jesus….An unopened grave would never have opened heaven.”
8. The resurrection of Jesus changed the midnight of bereavement into a sunshine of reunion; it changed the midnight of disappointment into a sunrise of joy; it changed the midnight of fear to a sunrise of peace.”
9. “Before the resurrection of Christ, the Holy Spirit came upon individuals only on certain occasions for special tasks. But now, after the resurrection, Christ through the Holy Spirit dwells in the heart of every believer to give us supernatural power in living our daily lives.”
10. “The resurrection blasts apart the finality of death, proving an alternative to the stifling, settling dust of death and opens the way to new life.”
EMB take this opportunity to wish you our readers a happy Easter. May God continue to richly bless you, keep you and make His face to shine graciously upon you.
Blessings my dear friend Harleena. Really good quotes to help with our focus on the cross as well as Easter and what it really means to all of us.
Through them we are able to see ourselves and appreciate the fact that it is not through any goodness of our own we are here, but it is through what Christ did for all of us.
Thank you very much for sharing. Have a blessed Easter.
What lovely quotes and I love the images as they are so lovely. Happy Easter. Thank you for sharing.
So good to see you again. The quotes and image are so fitting for the season we are in and I am glad you enjoyed them.
Happy Easter to you and yours. May God continue to bless you. You are doing a great work. Keep it up! 🙂
Awesome indeed 🙂
What a lovely collection of quotes and the image of Christ is so apt with Easter right here. We wish you and your family Happy Easter. You know how much I love quotes, so this one I’d always love all the more. Going on to share this all over.
Thanks for sharing, and have a nice weekend 🙂