So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. ~ Romans 10:17
Many are walking in disobedience today simply because they missed the instructions given, they did not understand what was communicated or they understood but chose not to follow the plan.
God speaks clearly to us in many ways. He whispers and when He has to He shouts to give us instructions and principles that we must follow in order to get through life according to His standard. What He says to us comes through:
- His Holy word. 2 Timothy 3:16 says, All scripture is God-breather and is useful for teaching rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.
- His Son Jesus Christ. Hebrews 1:1-2 ~ In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.
- His Spirit. God’s Spirit lives inside of us and He speaks through our conscience helping us to understand and make the right decision. [John 14:17; 1 Corinthians 3:16]
- His prophets. Hebrews 1:1
- Other believers. God speaks to us through other believers such as a friend, teacher, parent or preacher and it is up to us whether we want to listen and follow what He says o we can choose to ignore Him. [James 3:17] There was a time God spoke through a donkey, [Numbers 22:28] and that is enough to tell us He will use whoever and whatever He has to in order to get to us.
- Our circumstances. God uses circumstances as a means to get our attention and also to test faith. Through His servant Moses, God used plagues (circumstances) to convince the leader of Egypt to let God’s people go free from slavery. But Pharaoh would not listen. Whatever those situations may be, God will confirm His word.
- Through prayer. Just as we do not know what to pray and it is the Holy Spirit who intercedes on our behalf through our wordless groans, (Romans 8:26-27) so it is that God speaks to us in our prayer time through His Spirit.
Are you experiencing difficulty hearing God’s voice and obeying Him? Do you hear but constantly doubt what He says you should do? Pray this prayer of faith and witness a move of God in your life.
A Prayer of Faith to Help Us to Listen, Hear God’s Voice and to Be Obedient
Father we come to you today again in the name of Jesus. All praise, glory and honor we give to you. We thank you for this new day and for clothing us in our right minds. Father God thank you for new mercy and grace and guide us by your Spirit.
Remove every stumbling block and everything that is hindering us from hearing you. Forgive us for our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteous thoughts and every unholy way of living. Help us to be good students of your word. Help us to be good listeners to your word and as we listen that we hear what you are saying because faith comes by hearing, and hearing by your word.
We thank you that faith is increasing in us daily for without faith it is impossible to please you. We thank you for your Son Jesus Christ who is the author and finisher of our faith and who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despised the shame, and is now seated at your right hand upon your throne.
Help us to run with patience each day, to hold fast the confession of our faith that when we speak according to your word and your promises for our lives, we receive the manifestation of it in our due season. Thank you for mountain moving faith that removes all hindrances and spiritual opposition, and faith to command mountains to be removed and go from before us.
We understand through your word that nothing is impossible with you. Thank you Lord that even when our faith in you is tried by fire, we would come through the fire victoriously – as pure gold! We thank you that through your word, we are sober in our mind, that we diligently gird ourselves daily with the armour of faith so that we will withstand in Jesus name, amen.