17 Memorable Quotes To Remind Us Of The True Meaning Of Love
The month of February has long been celebrated as the month of love and romance. Today, in honor of the greatest love we will ever know and experience, I have opted to share a few quotes and bible verses to remind us of the true meaning of love and how special the bond is.
1.”This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our live for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” ~ 1 John 3:16-18 NIV
2. Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” ~ John 13:34-35 NIV
When I look at all that is happening in the world today, are we truly obeying this command that Jesus has given to us?
3. “Love at first sight is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.” ~ Amy Bloom
4. “Love your spouse with everything you’ve got! Don’t take short-cuts and don’t settle for just coasting. by. The road ahead may be difficult at times, bt you’ll get through anything if you choose to face it together; have faith, and never give up on each other.” ~ Dave Willis
5. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~ Lao Tuz
6. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
7. “Love is the only thing that will save us, independant of any mistakes we may make. Love is always stronger.” ~ Paulo Coelho
8. “Love is the force that transforms and improves the Soul of the world. It is we who nourish the Soul of the World, and the world we live in would be either better or worse, depending on whether we become better or worse. And that’s where the power of love comes in. Because when we love, we always strive to become better than who we are.” ~ Paulo Coelho
9. “We must never forget that spiritual experience is above all a practical experience of love. And with love, there are no rules.” ~ Paulo Coelho
10. “God is love and love is God. The greatest demonstration of God’s love for mankind is the sacrificial offering of His Son Jesus to die in our place on Calvary’s cross. Hence, I do believe love is the only thing that will save a lost and dying people in the world today.” ~ Yvonne I. Wilson
11. “Life is nothing but the expansion of love. We can cultivate divine love by entering into the Source. The Source is God, who is all love.” ~ Sri Chinmoy
12. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power there will be peace.” ~ Sri Chinmoy
13. “Love should be your top priority, primary objective, and greatest ambition. Love is not a good part of your life; it’s the most important part. The Bible says, “Lt love be your greatest aim.” ~ Pastor Rick Warren
14. “Before you fall inn love, put priority on spiritual and emotional excellence, not just on physical and erotic attractiveness.” ~ Bishop Charles Edward Blake, Sr.
15. “Never forget justice is what love looks like in public.” ~ Cornell West
16. “Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches.” ~ Colley Cibber