With everything that is happening in the world such as the recent attack at Orlando nightclub, Britain’s seismic decision through referendum that resulted in divorce of Britain from the European Union, stock plummeting to record lows in response to Brexit, multiple stabbings in California and terror in Istanbul today June 28th, 2016 leaving many dead and scores wounded, now more than ever we need not just a day of prayer but days and days of non-stop prayers.
While it can be said that these things are a manifestation of the end times and bible prophecy being fulfilled, I believe that we are closer than ever to the 2nd coming and appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ.
It is not business as usual and the question is no longer when but where and who will be the next casualties of Islamic terror attacks on innocent lives around the globe.
In times like these it is hard to know where to begin with our prayers or even how to pray. Many hearts are sore and aching while others helpless still continue ti cry out to God for mercy and for an intervention where people can once more live in peace and our lands healed.
Despite the way that we may feel God is forever faithful. He changes not. He is the same God today as He was yesterday and forever more shall be.
The same power that parted the Red Sea for the children of Israel to cross over from their enemy Pharoah and his army; that broke prison chains and opened prison doors; and raised Lazarus from the dead is the same God today who is more than willing to exercise that same power on all our behalf.
We cannot allow the enemy to instill fear in us or that we get to the point of being consumed by it. Our goal should be to stand together in unity and to pray on behalf of our nation, to ask God to heal our land, strengthen His people and give those in authority wisdom, guidance and divine strategies with this war on terror.
God still answers prayers and we can find comfort in His promise that “Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.” ~ Isaiah 60:18
Prayer for Nations In Turmoil
Father God we thank you for your grace, mercy and your great power to deliver and heal your people. We bless you Lord for the truth and promises that are found in your word. Heal our land Lord. Bring peace where there is turmoil and unrest.
According to Psalm 3: 7, Arise Lord, save your people. Smite our enemies upon their cheek bone and break the teeth of the ungodly and wicked men in the earth. We are also reminded of your word in Psalm 5:4 that you are not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness and neither shall evil dwell with you.
You are angry with the wicked every day but we thank you God for your word that you will be with your people to shew them your salvation, to extend grace, favor and your mercy, to provide your protection and to empower us with your strength.
Set your people free from sin and the resulting consequences. Bring about an awakening and an awareness of your presence. Turn the hearts of your people back to you our Heavenly Father. May your name be proclaimed and any plan of the enemy to silence the voice of your people who share your good news be crushed beyond recognition.
May your light penetrate through dark place and hard hearts be made into a heart of flesh. Remind us to be watchful and to pray always lest we faint, to study your word diligently, to abide in you as you abide in us and be willing to stand for righteousness as we make a difference in our land.
Lord we ask for your healing grace. Heal the brokenhearted. Bind up the wounds of those who are hurting, are discouraged and feeling like there is no escape for them. Show yourself strong and mighty Lord. We need you now more than ever. Thank you that you are forgiving and merciful. Be glorified in the earth Lord and bring honor to your name, amen.
7 Bible Verses On Hope
- “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for an inheritance.” ~ Psalm 33:12
- “And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the Lord is his treasure.” ~ Isaiah 33:6
- “The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.” ~ Psalm 145:18
- “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.” ~ 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” ~ Mark 11:24
- Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” ~ Matthew 18:19
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:6-7