10 Proven Powerful Benefits Of Fervent Prayer
There is no time or season like this present moment where men and women all over the world must return to the altar of prayer – to pray with passion and with fervency to the Almighty God.
Time is short. Prophetically speaking, these are the end times. Prophecies are being fulfilled, and as foretold in the Bible the world will see those signs in the last days. Disasters are becoming bigger and bigger.
So many things have happened since the start of 2018. The world witnessed the super blue blood moon [first visible from the U.S.A since 1866] and total lunar eclipse on January 31st 2018 [first total eclipse since 2015] Joel 2:31 says, “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.” [see also Revelation 6: 12)
Widespread terror attacks continue to be on the rise worldwide. Children especially are no longer safe at school as any given day, a gunman could just walk into the classrooms and begin shooting. There have been earthquakes in divers places. Nations are warring against other nations. The remarkable prophecy of the mark of the beast [Revelation 13:17] is slowly but surely making its way into our global economic system, in which everyone will be forced to receive a number, without which they cannot buy or sell. Pause for a moment and think about the various smart cards with the micro-chip already installed, giving access to your vital and most pertinent personal information.
These are but a few examples but I am sure you have gotten the point that I am making.
The alarm of the last days have struck and the world really needs change. Is prayer the ultimate solution to bring about that desired change? God is not slack concerning his promise as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering towards us, not willing that any man should perish but that all should come to repentance. [2 Peter 3:9]
Prayer is both a game-changer and a life-changer! Prayer is the avenue through which one can make it right with God and effect and influence change and transformation in the earth.
When you pray and say to God “Our Father, who art in heaven…..let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven,” essentially, what you are saying is, “Lord whatever your record is saying about me and my region in heaven by you my Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost, let the earth replicate it and let it be in alignment with what your Spirit, the water and the blood of Jesus is bearing witness about me here on the earth.” [1 John 5:7-8]
God wants the best outcome in life for everyone. It is just His nature to bless His people and to continually bring success to His people. Jeremiah 29:11 confirms His action plan where He says, “For I know the plans that I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Characteristics of Prayer
“Four things let us ever keep in mind: God hears prayer, God heed prayer, God answers prayer, and God delivers prayer.” – E. M. Bounds
You may say, ‘I don’t know how to pray or what to say.’ Truth is, there is absolutely nothing scientific or difficult about prayer. Prayer is communication between you and Father God and it should be done without ceasing. It is an expression of your faith in God and is likened to the air you breathe or the blood flowing through your vein to give you life. Scripture encourages those who believe to make prayer a priority and to be devoted to it.
- Prayer begins with you and it ends with God where He responds to you based on what you prayed.
- Sometime God initiates the conversation
- Prayer is a dialogue, not a monologue where you are the one ding all of the talking.
- Prayer is not limited to your prayer closet or your prayer time
Scriptures that exhorts us to pray
- Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayers and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all saints. – Ephesians 6:18 ESV
- Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. – Colossians 4:2 ESV
- Pray without ceasing – 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling: – 1 Timothy 2:8 ESV
- Now Jesus was telling the disciples a parable to make the point that at all times they ought to pray and not give up and lose heart. – Luke 18:1 AMP
Proven Benefits of Fervent Prayers
1. Prayer builds and establishes a solid relationship with you and God the Father – the more you pray the closer and more intimate you become with God. He desires intimacy. It is the time when He as Heavenly Father pours out His unfailing, unconditional love upon you. According to Revelation 2: 1-7 He is your first love.
2. You become united and empowered by God – as you develop the discipline and you dedicate yourself to a life of prayer, not only does God release power and anointing on your life, but He gives you authority that you can call down fire from heaven to burn and destroy all the things that are not of God. [ devils, demons, satanic paraphernalia and satanic entities. Real power can only come from God through prayer. It cannot be purchased like Simon the sorcerer attempted to do with the apostles in the book of Acts 8: 18-22
3. Prayer brings peace and calm to your mind – peace of mind is a blessing and an emotional gift [John 14:27] you receive from God through prayer. When troubles arise, and the cares of life becomes weighty and you can no more carry that load, it is then you can cast all your cares [ 1 Peter 5:7] upon Jesus the burden bearer. [Matthew 11:28-29]
4. Healing in your body, soul and spirit – there is no one on this planet that can give you complete healing in all dimensions of the human being [body, soul, spirit] like Jesus the Great Physician can do. He is the Creator. He has the blueprint and knows every intricate details of the body. God wants you healthy and whole in every area of your life. Beloved I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in good health even as thy soul prosper. [3 John 1:2] When you take heed to God’s word and do what is right and pleasing to Him, He withholds sickness and diseases. [Exodus 15:26] Hezekiah’s story is a marvelous one of God’s mercy and compassion – he prayed and not only did God heal him but God added fifteen more years to Hezekiah’s life. [Isaiah 38:5] God’s perfect model of healing through prayer can be found in James 5:13-15.
5. Prayer open heaven and command the favor of God in your life – Joseph’s brothers stripped him of the coat of many colors. They threw him in a pit and then sold him to the Ishmaelites who took him to Egypt. But the Lord was with Joseph and extended kindness to him, and gave him favor in the sight of the chief jailer. [Genesis 39:21] Samuel grew in stature and in favor both with God and with men. [1 Samuel 2:26] David found favor in God’s sight, and asked [prayed] that he might find a dwelling place for the God of Jacob. [Acts 7:46]
6. Activates the supernatural realm of God to an abundance of resources – prayer is one of the main keys to unlocking the storehouse of heaven’s resources. Throughout the course of Jesus’ life, He spoke faith words to unlock the supernatural. The bible says that He blessed the lunch of a young boy who had five loaves and two small fishes. When He was done blessing it, He was able to feed a multitude of five thousand and after everyone had their fill, there were twelve baskets filled with left over. [Matthew 14:13-21]
7. Positions you to hear the voice of God with precision and with accuracy so that you never take instructions from the devil – Jesus says that His sheep hear [know] His voice, they follow Him….and a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from the voice of that stranger. [John 10:3-5]
8. You mature in the grace of patience – The bible says, be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer, supplication and thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. [Philippians 4:6-7] Another reminder of what the word of God says is that you are to trust in the Lord with all your heart and not to lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge God and he shall direct your path. Essentially, what that means is that a healthy prayer life will help you to become more patient so you can wait on God’s perfect timing. Additionally, don’t ever try to get out of anything premature, rather, let it do its work so that you become mature, and well developed and not deficient in any way. [James 1:4]
9. Builds and strengthens your faith in God – over the course of time as you pray, your faith in God grows stronger and deeper. You build trust and the deeper your faith grows, the more effective you become in your prayer. The Lord’s promise and assurance is that even before you call He will answer [your prayer] and while you are yet speaking, He is hearing. [Isaiah 65:24] If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer [Matthew 21:22] See also Mark 9:24, Romans 4:17
10. Divine wisdom, guidance, knowledge and understanding – true wisdom, knowledge and understanding comes from God. God gives wisdom liberally. He says if any man lacks wisdom, let him ask of the Lord, He will not reproach you but He will freely give it. [Jeremiah 33:3, James 1:5] The bible is filled with many examples where the kings of Israel sought the Lord for guidance and counsel whether to go into battle or strategies on how to defeat their enemies. [ 2 Chronicles 20 Jehoshaphat defeats Moab and Ammon upon receiving the strategy from God]
The Lord gave Daniel divine wisdom and guidance on how to interpret the dream of king Nebuchadnezzar [Daniel 2:17-23] Solomon prayed and asked God for divine wisdom to lead his nation [1 Kings 3; 2 Chronicles 1]
I pray that you have been blessed by this publication. Now it is your turn –
- Did this article resonate with you?
- Which benefit do you need to see manifested most in your life?
- Say a prayer now and by faith receive it in your life
If you enjoyed this article and think that it will be valuable to your followers, please use the buttons below to share with your family, friends and followers on social media.
Partner with us and help us to reach and impact lives globally!
Thank you for this wonderful thought about prayer
Amen David! Happy to have you here. Thanks for the feedback
God Bless you guys and I mean it. I am very Christian. WE need to spread Jesus to all. The denomination war is over.
Owner CEL Financial Services
IRS Registered Tax Preparer
Registered bonded California CTEC Tax Preparer
Welcome Chris! Your feedback/comment is very much appreciated May God bless you indeed. Have a great day!
nice information for me
Praise The Lord! Prayer is the bridge between human and the God.
Thank you for sharing this article.
Great post. Thank you for the information.
Great article.Thanks for sharing.
great post. thanks..
Thanks for stopping by Kumar. God bless you
I truly love benifit #7 …”Prayer positions you to hear the voice of God with precision and accuracy…..* this is very inspiring and empowering. Wonderful post Woman of God!
Blessings and more grace to you Apostle Ava. I truly appreciate your love and support. Glad that you enjoyed the post and is empowered by it. Have a great day/week. 🙂