Dear EMB Supporters: Need Your Participation for The World’s Best Dad Series
On the subject matter of ‘Fairness on Father’s Day,’ it was Dr. Robin who once said “We haven’t valued fathers in the way we do our mothers and that is not good for us.” She further said, “Sometimes dads are on the outside because you put them there, because you were trained that men were disinterested in how their kids were really feeling.”
Similar thoughts were expressed in my Father’s Day article on June 12th 2012 here and this time again, I am stepping it up a bit more and soliciting your participation to make the celebration of our fathers this year the most memorable and honorable for them. Father’s Day is June 16th 2013
This is not a contest. It’s just me giving you the opportunity to share your story with us about why you think that your father is ‘The World’s Best Day.’ Your story will be published right here on Empowerment Moments Blog on the weekend of June 15th – 16th 2013.
- So, are you a son, a daughter or an adopted child? – tell us about your Dad and all the reasons you think he is the best.
- Are you a wife, a mother or his significant other? – share with the rest of us why you think he is the greatest dad to your children.
- Do you have a spiritual father you just would like to honour and celebrate in a different way this year, then let us hear from you.
- Have you found him to be a great role model among other things? – share it and make him feel honoured and special.
- Articles should not be more than 500 – 600 words
- Video messages would be accepted and should not be longer than 3 minutes.
- Prayers for fathers and poems will be accepted. In the event that these are prayers and poems written by persons other than yourself, then please reference the source so that we give full credit to them.
- Deadline for submission is on June 12th 2013