Exactly one year ago, Empowerment Moments Blog came into being. Yes, my blog is 3 years old today January 10th 2015. Blogging was not something that I had ever heard of or imagined, much less planned for so I cannot say a dream was realized.
I knew nothing, and the terminologies seemed far-fetched and foreign. All I knew, was that in my life I was at a point of desperation. I was sad and felt oppressed. Emotionally, I was at my lowest. I seriously thought about leaving the church.
I felt trapped in religion and stuck in tradition. I thought if that was the kind of love that church had to offer then I no longer wanted it. My soul and spirit rejected it, and I cried out to God. That’s when He answered and said who better to encourage yourself than you.
It’s no wonder then that my very first post, a single paragraph on January 10th 2012 was about true happiness.
The journey although incredible has been a long haul, and it has certainly not been without its challenges. This song below “Your Grace and Mercy” best explain my thoughts and emotions of the entire journey.
The Lessons I Have Learned
You will find in EMB’s second anniversary post the lessons I have learned over the years. I can also identify with some of the lessons shared by pro-blogger and commenting superstar Madam Harleena Singh here at Aha!NOW.
The Main Highlights of 2014
- EMB switched over from Blogger to WordPress.com on January 11th 2014 making exactly one year ago. That was a significant move which allowed much flexibility, helped us to gain more readers. It also generated a great increase in blog traffic and connected us to a large number of bloggers, many of whom I consider my online friends.
- Our very first magazine theme was purchased and after some minor customization, it went live in May 2014. Many of you have written to me and expressed how much you love the blog’s theme, layout, load speed, responsiveness, etc.
- Increased network and growing community – due to time constraints I had to turn down a few offers to guest post on other blogs. However, my first guest post was done over at Aha!NOW on August 20th 2014 entitled How To Cope With Teenage Pregnancy as A Parent The post was shared on social media 245 times and had a combined total of 41 comments. I consider it a great blessing to have been mentioned in a number of other blog posts across the web.
- Contributing Author to Becoming The Oil and the Wine and is Group Admin of the Family Life Network Group at Aha!NOW
- Special Mentions and congratulations- Harleena Singh for being the number 1 most active commentator with a total of 59 comments. In second place, was Pastor Ava Baird, Janelle Moore third place, Ikechi Awazie fourth place and Ngwu Chinedu Joseph fifth place. In case you missed this, read more in EMB’s 2014 blog report
- The post most commented on in 2014 entitled What Legacy Will You Leave Behind In The World was written by Harleena Singh
- Special Giveaway – First mega blog giveaway in November 2014 in which a number of persons won the opportunity to guest post on EMB. See them all here
I Thank You and Celebrate You
A BIG THANK YOU to all of you for your love and support and for making EMB what it is today. You are the best! 🙂 Your blog has been a source of encouragement over the years and I have learned so much from each one of you. I am blessed to have met so many of you – you are my new online friends. And I celebrate you. 🙂