Today, I celebrate 2 years of blogging. To some it may seem like a long time, but I still consider myself a newbie – more like a little ‘toddler in blogging’ who has just learned to walk and who have fallen down on occasions, speaking a few key words and still not full sentences. Oh wow! Yea, true still do not have my blogging skills down packed! Sometimes I tried to swim in the deep ocean of blogging with the pros – that often got me down under water and coming up for air one more time than I went down.
The bible confirmed that about falling down. Here is how. It says a just man fall seven times. S/he would however later be deemed righteous in God’s eyes having both common sense and faith to dust off and get back up again.
Well to those of you my faithful readers/followers who’s been there with me all the way, it’s a good time to say a heartfelt thank you! I love you guys, you make what I do become a lot easier. Firstly, I thank God for allowing me this platform through which He can reach people and nations around the world, for His gifts and talents to be authenticated through me, and for me to develop and grow into the ministry to which He has called me to.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to give voice to my pain, trials, afflictions and my storms in life [things we’ve been old schooled to keep silent about] in order to bring hope, inspiration, motivation, encouragement and empowerment to you thus making your situation a lot easier. Thank you for allowing me into your heart, lives, your homes, or wherever you log on to follow my blog.
Beyond the statistics [good to know, yes] I would like to share the things with you today that I deem to be of more value. In random or, here they are:
12 Things/Lessons I Have Learned
- Blogging is a job in itself and stressful at times as you try to stay focused in order to ensure you bring great content to your readers.
- Blogging is fun as you strive towards developing/mastering your writing
- Blogosphere is a place to socialize and gain insights from other blogs/bloggers. You form bonds of genuine friendship with persons who you will perhaps never meet in person.
- Let go of making it to the top, there are no top bloggers! Everyone who blogs have a reason for blogging and someone’s life is touched in a special way by what s/he blogs about.
- No matter what you do on your blog, the glory truly belongs to God, not man. Without Him, we can do nothing!
- Paying too much attention to your blog analytics/statistics (# of comments, page visits etc) is a distraction and will frustrate you! Be grateful whether you have high traffic, and 500 comments or little traffic and 1 or 0 comments daily.
- Stop trying to do it all, it is just not possible. Focus, and more focus! Develop your brand, find your niche and stick with it.
- Too much jealousy in the blogging world – compete with no one else but yourself and win.
- Do what it is you said you’re going to do – procrastination is a root cause that can kill a blog.
- Broken links on your blog is social media ‘dead end streets’ and will kill your blog. Google mark you down big time. Check for broken/dead links frequently here and quickly remove them.
- Not everyone will agree with your posts all the time so if you are not ready for negative comments on your blog, stay away from publishing things that you are not quite ready to hear feedback on. Once it’s published out there, that’s it!
- Unless you are blogging strictly to earn money, stop writing for sponsors! Remember why you started blogging in the first place and rekindle that flame/passion.
Things That Have Changed On My Blog
Pray Without Ceasing and Empowerment & Life Quotes Blog were discontinued June 2013 and is now incorporated in my main blog site, Empowerment Moments Blog. Prayer is posted every Sunday here on EMB and quotes are shared once per week, either as an entire post or incorporated into a full post to build the idea or theme upon. Due to the high amount of “bad/broken” links that were being left by anonymous, that option of leaving a comment on my blog was disabled.
The week that was series that brings blog review, viral tweets, top stories around the web and so on/so forth began in May 2013 and this is posted every Saturday. For the first time also, I did a series called, Celebrating Mothers Who Rock! That was extra-ordinary and very successful. A big shout out of thank you to all those who participated as we look forward to running it again this year but with special prize/gift give away! Yea, *-* wink-wink!
We are now on Pinterest, Blogloving and LinkedIn. The latter is still being developed ie. my business profile. And certainly by no means the least, Empowerment Moments Blog now have a presence on facebook here Join us and share with others as well for more inspiration and nuggets of empowerment.
I am still working on clarifying my goals for the blog for 2014 and the years to come as well as brainstorming how best I can serve you. I will gladly consider ideas that you may have and would share with me, whether in the comment section or offline through email at email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Meantime, I came up with a theme for this year as “Pursue your purpose with a passion” and my one word for the year as “persevere.” I also intend to focus on being more thankful for the small things as opposed to just the big things. And just in case you missed it, here is the first post A Life Filled With Gratitude My other plans for the blog will be shared with you in the upcoming days and weeks ahead.
Like what you read here? Was this article helpful? Share your own thoughts on the subject then just hit the “Like,” “Tweet,” “Pinit” and “Share” buttons below this post. That will help your friends and followers find this content.