The four seasons of the year is often used symbolically to refer to various stages in our lives. They are used to describe whether we find ourselves in a good place or a bad place. Just like the four seasons of the year, these stages in life are unavoidable. We all experience them in one way or another.
There is a season for everything in life. Ecclesiastes 3 makes it clear that “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, … “
In the physical world we are currently moving into a new season as well. Depending on where you are in the world, some of us are moving into spring, heading towards summer. Others are moving into autumn, heading for winter. Some of us love the summer and others prefer winter. Depending on your preference, I guess some of us are more excited than others….lol.
In the same way, our lives go through these seasons as well. Maybe all is well with you and you feel blessed. But somewhere, someone is hurting or they may find themselves in a season of hardship and turmoil. Maybe it feels to them as if they are being tested to their limits. If you currently find yourself in one of those seasons, I would like to encourage you by saying that no season lasts forever. After every winter, comes spring. Then there is renewed growth, new color and new life all around you. Likewise this season will also pass for you. Stay strong in your faith and never give up.
With that in mind I thought it well to share some quotes about seasons.
1.See the changing of the seasons. All things change in nature; so do you and the seasons of life. Embrace change! God is there in the aridity, the new beginning, the fertility and the changing colors of life. ~ Christine Adam
2. Just as God planned the seasons in nature, He plans the seasons in our lives. Life has its spring, as we start new things and look to the future with excitement. Summer comes and we work diligently in the heat of the day to fulfill all of God’s commands to us. With autumn comes the realization of what we started earlier in life. Winter brings an end to a particular time in our lives. Sometimes winter brings hardships, but we remain hopeful, because spring is just around the corner! ~ Henry T and R Blackaby
3. Nature gives to every time and season unique beauty; from morning to night, as from the cradle to the grave, it’s just a succession of changes so soft and comfortable that we hardly notice the progress. ~ Charles Dickens
4. God has a plan for every season of your life. We must trust that He knows what the right time is for changing every season in our lives and learn to rejoice in each of them. ~ Barbara J. Doll
5. You recognize spring easier in plants than in people. ~ Chinese Proverb
6. Spring is the time when young people dream and old people remember. ~ Margaret L. Creager
7. In spring, everyone’s dreams are realized in a fresh new way. ~ Malcolm Forbes
8. Spring is wonderful. It makes you feel like you can do what you’re old enough to know that you cannot do. ~ Franklin P. Jones
9. Never lose sight of the comforting fact that always; spring comes after winter. ~ Solly Ozrovech
10. I suspect that there is an invincible spring in every human being. After a devastating winter, the soft awakening must come; there must be joy again in the sun and the warmth of the earth. ~ Audrey Blignault
11. Summer days are longer than those of winter…. But the real truth is that the sunshine lasts longer. And these longer hours of sunlight bring us glorious freedom. We do not have to wear so many clothes in the summer. We can stay out later at night and we can rise early in the morning. We have more time available to us than during the winter months. And that is why we should spend our summer days by seeking God’s will. ~ Vonette Zachary Bright
12. In the middle of winter, I discovered that an invincible summer is inside of me. ~ Albert Camus
13. Gather wood in the summer and sit by the fire in the winter. ~ C. J. Langenhoven
14. May the summer that You provide in my life also provide a full measure that will meet with Your approval. Thank you for the spiritual abundance I receive from Your hand; for taking care of me and for boundless mercy, for summer in my life. Thank you for knowing me. I praise your holy Name! Amen. ~ Solly Ozrovech
15. That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil. And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full. ~ Deuteronomy 11:14-15 (KJV)
16. Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e]is near, right at the door. ~ Matthew 24:32-33 (NIV)
17. Why do you fear the autumn of life? Aren’t the red-brown leaves on the ground just as beautiful as the blossoms on the tree? ~ Cyril Conolly
18. Lord, now that all the leaves are falling off of me and I suddenly have to stand before you so insignificantly, I see the scars of self-destruction through negligence. The low season of the soul is also the season of tears and repentance. ~ Maretha Maartens
19. The fall of the heart, is our rare season of maturity and composure; the times when we forgive because we understand and appreciate because now we also know about parting. ~ Maretha Maartens
20. There is beauty in the fall, luxurious colors and leaves. There is melancholy in the fall, about what was and never will be again. There are memories in the autumn, from times long ago, which will never be again. There is joy in the autumn, about what spring and summer have taught you. There is honesty in the autumn, which speaks of the brevity of life. ~ Solly Ozrovech
21. Autumn is the time of spiritual maturity and fulfillment, which leads to peace and tranquility of the mind. ~ Solly Ozrovech
22. The beat of drums and the blustering of summer fade away. Everything becomes quiet, more introspective, sad. Autumn always come with such beauty. ~ Jaak Drees
23. Autumn is so painfully honest because every redundant leaf, how pretty it might even be, falls down, until we stand exposed and humbly before God. In autumn you are just who you are: insignificant, but sanctified by the blood of the Lamb. ~ Solly Ozrovech
24. Every mile feels like two in the winter. ~ George Herbert
25. Nobody thinks about the winter when the grass is green. ~ Rudyard Kipling
26. If trees were anything like us, they would become desperate in the winter, thinking that they would never have green leaves again. ~ C.J. Langenhoven
27. To find ourselves and know who we are, we need the winter. ~ Maretha Maartens
28. My God, you know the branches and the endless winter of my life … If you can recreate trees that become firewood, oh Lord, surely can you do the same even in me. ~ Maretha Maartens
29. From each bleak winter emerge a glorious spring. Out of every crisis, a new time is born. ~ Solly Ozrovech
30. If winter is here, surely spring cannot be too far. ~ Shelley
It’s Time for a New Season.
Wherever in the world you may find yourself right now, we are about to enter a new season.
If you feel your life is currently in a winter season, remember…”if winter is here, surely spring cannot be too far”….
Are you in a good place? Are you enjoying a summer season in your life? Then be a blessing and share some of that great sunshine in your life with those around you.
Quotes translated into English by Jaco Alberts.