One of the greatest battle we face on a daily basis is the one we have within ourselves to let go of the past, unfavorable circumstances, unhealthy relationships or letting go of someone who have hurt, disappointed or betrayed us.
While letting go is a hard thing to do, once it is done it turns out to be among the most liberating and powerful things you can do.
Letting go involves forgiveness – not only the perpetrator, but forgiving yourself and taking responsibility for the role you played in whatever it was.
I personally have a hard time letting go but as time goes by, I am being strengthened to do what is right and best for me in order for me to grow and become to best version of who God intends for me to become.
So with that being said, I would like to share with you these —thought provoking and inspiring quotes on letting go and moving forward to live a happy and fulfilling life.
1.”The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” ~ Steve Maraboli
2. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” ~ Deborah Reber
3. “Letting means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” ~ Steve Maraboli
4. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” ~ Hermann Hesse
5. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” ~ C. JoyBell C.
6. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” ~ Ann Landers
7. “Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.” ~ Erich Fromm
8. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
9. “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” ~ Michael Bassey Johnson
10. “Let God have your life; He can do more with it than you can.” ~ Dwight L. Moody
11. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” ~ C. S. Lewis
12. “Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue my goal, the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus.” ~ Apostle Paul, Philippians 3:13-14
13. “Remember not the former things [what is past] neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it?” ~ Isaiah 43:18-19a
14. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” ~ Guy Finley
15. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when you learn to let go of yesterday.” ~ Steve Maraboli
16. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly you have to give up what weight you down.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
17. “I demolish my grudges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.” ~ Fridtjof Nansen
18. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has packed up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight of freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” ~ Shannon L. Alder
19. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” ~ Lao Tzu
20. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” ~ Denis Waitley
21. “There is an important difference between giving up and letting go.” ~ Jessica Hatchigan
22. “Pain will leave you, when you let go.” ~ Jeremy Aldana
23. “Let go of something old that no longer serves you in order to make room for something new.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
24. “You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” ~ Jan Glidewell
25. “Let go of the past, let God have His way and let faith lead the way forward.” ~ Yvonne I. Wilson, EMB
26. “Sometimes you’ve got to lose yourself in order to find it again. If someone was truly meant to be in your life, no matter if they walked away, when the time is right God will place them in your path again.” ~ Yvonne I. Wilson, EMB
Bonus – New Month Declarations and Starting Over
Which is your favorite quote on letting go? Please share the one/s that inspired you the most or one in your own life’s journey in the comment section below.