You should never let a day go by without digging into the word of God to hear Father’s instruction, guidance, direction and to be encouraged in your faith. Yes you can find inspiration and encouragement from sources other than the Bible but there is just something so different when you read and meditate upon our Heavenly Father’s word.
His word brings to you peace and a calm assurance that you will not find any other place. It uplifts and brings the kind of hope that will never make you feel less than or ashamed. If you are reading this article, it is not an accident that you are here. Take a moment to absorb what Father wants to say to you about hope.
1. Know that wisdom is such to your soul; if you find it, there will be a future, and your hope will not be cut off. ~ Proverbs 24:14 English Standard Version (ESV)
There will be times that your future appears bleak, especially when you are going through some hardships and difficulties. But know that wisdom is a principle thing in life and when you seek and find it, there is a reward and it is likened unto the sweet taste of honey in your mouth. Such wisdom opens up the doors to a bright future and your hope will not be cut off from you. So hold on to this hope of your future!
2. Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. (v17) For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, (v18) while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. ~ 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NKJV)
This level of hope helps you to envision the invisible things. It causes you to pause and think about your salvation and the eternal life that you have through Christ. Things will happen on a daily basis that makes you feel as if your outward man is falling apart or is perishing but your confidence and hope in God causes you to be strong and to hold on to faith knowing that whatever the affliction may be, it is working towards a more exceeding glory in the life to come. Everything that you see with your natural eyes is temporary but those things that are not seen and is spiritually discerned are eternal. The greatest hope that you could ever have is that with regards to eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. ~ 1 Peter 1:3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
4. For in this hope we are saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. ~ Romans 8:24-25 English Standard Version (ESV)
5. One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock. ~ Psalm 27: 4-5 English Standard Version (ESV)
In times of crisis what better hope you can find than through the word of God? Here the Psalmist gives assurance that in the secret dwelling place of the Lord, God hides him in troubled times and conceals him under His tent. He acknowledges Father God as his rock of defense so that nothing that comes against him shall by any means harm him.
My encouragement to you is to trust in this God of David and know that He will bring you through your own troubles, difficulties and trials. If this article sparked the flame of hope in you today, why not share it with someone else to light hope in their dark place as well?