Happiness is an individual thing, just as it has different meanings to different persons. I am sure if I did a survey to find out from a cross section of persons what happiness means to each one, that answer would be astounding. Here are just a few ideas that crossed my mind as to what makes people happy:
- I am happy because I am a child of God and He saved me from heading down the path of destruction
- I am happy because I am married to the love of my life
- I am happy because I’ve got my dream home.
- I am happy because I am more financially stable than I’ve ever been.
- I am happy because I’ve got a good job that pays me well.
- I am happy because my children are all grown and have moved on giving me the freedom to spend more time on myself.
- I am happy because my career goals are all coming to fruition just as I had imagined.
- I am happy because I’ve got some of the best friends who encourages me each day, who loves me for who I am and who supports me.
- I am happy because my family loves me and cares for me.
- I am happy because my boyfriend/girlfriend gives me everything that I need and he/she is just the greatest at making love to me.
You can add to this list but the thing is, whatever makes you happy, live in the moment of now and leave the future plans to God. Take no thought for your life and be sure to cast all your cares upon Him. No man can add a single thing to his/her life by worrying.
“Enjoy everything that happens in your life, but never make your happiness or success dependent on an attachment to any person, place or thing.” ~ Wayne Dyer